[announce] IMP H4 (5.0) (final)
jan at horde.org
Tue Apr 5 23:36:54 UTC 2011
The Horde Team is pleased to announce the final release of the Internet Mail
Program (IMP) version H4 (5.0).
IMP, the Internet Mail Program, is one of the most popular and widely deployed
open source webmail applications in the world. It allows universal, web-based
access to IMAP and POP3 mail servers and provides Ajax, mobile and traditional
interfaces with a rich range of features normally found only in desktop email
To install IMP, you need to install Horde first. See
Horde is installed, you can install IMP with the following command:
pear install horde/imp
Then log in to Horde with your adminstrator account to configure the
application and install the database schema from the configuration interface.
The major changes compared to the IMP version H4 (5.0-RC2) are:
* Improved new mail notifications, now available in all applications.
* Improved alarm notifications in dynamic view.
* Many small bugfixes and improvements.
The major changes compared to the IMP version H3 (4.3) are:
* Updated for Horde 4.
* All interfaces in a single application.
* New mobile frontend.
* Much improved AJAX frontend including a vertical pane layout.
* New IMAP library written from scratch with broad RFC support and huge
* More powerful search and filter functionality.
* Smart-reply feature.
* Improved new mail notifications.
* Localized special folders.
* Better display of HTML messages.
* HTML signatures.
* Draft auto-saving.
* Support for custom IMAP flags.
* Reduced memory usage.
The full list of changes can be viewed here:
The Horde Team.
More information about the announce