[announce] Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.0.0RC1
jan at horde.org
Mon Oct 29 17:20:48 UTC 2012
The Horde Team is pleased to announce the first release candidate of the Horde
Groupware Webmail Edition version 5.0.0.
Horde Groupware Webmail Edition is a free, enterprise ready, browser based
communication suite. Users can read, send and organize email messages with
four different webmail interfaces and manage and share calendars, contacts,
tasks and notes with the standards compliant components from the Horde
We encourage widespread testing and feedback via the mailing lists or our bug
tracking system. Updated translations are very welcome. Strings are not going
to change until the final release.
For upgrading instructions, please see
Please note that upgrading from a stable version to a beta version is
not possible due to a bug in the PEAR installer.
For detailed installation and configuration instructions, please see
The major changes compared to the Horde Groupware Webmail Edition version 4.0
* Completely redesigned user interface.
* Completed and improved smartphone modes.
* Much improved ActiveSync library including version 12.1 support
* Default to UTF-8 for all e-mail messages.
* IMAP groupware storage without dedicated Kolab server.
* Improved support for Kolab 2.
* Dropped support for Internet Explorer 6.
* Many further improvements.
* Added special mailbox for templates.
* Added searching by date range.
* Added keyboard shortcuts to compose window.
* Allow deletion when over quota.
* Pre-fetch next unseen message.
* Signature is now added during sending.
* Allow expiration date when generating personal PGP keys.
* Added placeholder variables to vacation messages.
* Added hook to customize authentication parameters.
Address Book changes:
* Improved support for email fields with multiple addresses.
* Dropped preference which address books to display.
* Allowed to set individual timezones for events.
* Added work week view to dynamic interface.
* Added complete recurrence and exception editing to dynamic interface.
* Added resource scheduling to dynamic interface.
* Added quick task adding to dynamic interface.
* Added heatmap to year view.
* Synchronized tags with Kolab categories.
* Added recurring tasks.
* Added smart tasks lists.
* Added login task to purge completed tasks.
* Converted categories to tags.
The full list of changes can be viewed here:
The Horde Team.
More information about the announce