[announce] Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.1.0RC1
jan at horde.org
Thu May 30 16:55:13 UTC 2013
The Horde Team is pleased to announce the first release candidate of the Horde
Groupware Webmail Edition version 5.1.0.
Horde Groupware Webmail Edition is a free, enterprise ready, browser based
communication suite. Users can read, send and organize email messages with
four different webmail interfaces and manage and share calendars, contacts,
tasks and notes with the standards compliant components from the Horde
For upgrading instructions, please see
For detailed installation and configuration instructions, please see
The major changes compared to the Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.0 versions
* Added file manager.
* Added bookmarks manager.
* Support for NoSQL backends.
* Checking all installed packages for updates.
* Many further improvements.
* Added message thread view to dynamic mailbox preview.
* Support drag & drop of attachments, linking attachments, attaching PGP
public keys, and attaching vCards in dynamic view.
* Allow drag & drop, uploading, and pasting of images into the
* Display Virtual Folders in smartphone view.
* Added attachment uploading and saving compose drafts to smartphone view.
* Added taphold message action menu to smartmobile mailbox page.
* Allow HTML trailers for messages.
* Allow to set special mailboxes, spam reporting, and permissions per
* Added support for NoSQL caching and logging backends.
* Composite script and transport backends.
* Added vacation driver for ISPConfig and custom SQL queries.
Address book Changes:
* Added CardDAV server support.
* Updated SQL schema.
* Allow to search all search fields at once.
Calendar and Tasks changes:
* Added CalDAV server support.
* Added ActiveSync synchronization of notes.
The full list of changes can be viewed here:
The Horde Team.
More information about the announce