[ansel] Feature Request

Ben Chavet ben at chavet.net
Fri Mar 19 23:15:39 PST 2004

> I'd love to be able to re-order the images in a gallery instead of them
> coming out in the order they were put up.
>
> I would think that it could be set through the caption page and be
> stored along with the photo data in the datatree...  Another
> possibitlity would be to use the Horde portal layout engine to do the
> arranging...maximize existing code and all...
>
> Anyone have any other thoughts on this?  Is it worthwhile or not?
> Anyone with experience with the portal layout engine have any pointers
> or suggestions?

I've also thought about this feature. I think it would be very useful, but I
haven't explored any implementation possiblities, yet.  I did notice, however,
that the datatree backend has a reorder() function that might be just what we
are looking for (especially since ansel uses a datatree backend).

--Ben