[chora] Direct links to diff.php and co.php

Ivaylo Mihov imihov at linkedin.com
Tue Jun 28 01:28:42 PDT 2005

Jan,

Thank you for the quick response. Some more details on my situation
are below...

On Jun 28, 2005, at 1:09 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Ivaylo Mihov <imihov at linkedin.com>:
>

>> I want to incorporate links to file diffs in the e-mails that get
>> generated from CVS upon commits. I used to be able to link directly
>> into Chora in previous versions. Now, it does not seem to be the case
>> any longer. If this is the first time the browser hits that URL and
>> it does not have the Horde cookie, it gets a redirect to '/horde/
>> login.php&url=' with the original URL parameters encoded in the
>> 'url=' parameter. This, however, does not work and breaks diff.php
>> with a "Malformed Query" message.
>>

> You left out the most important information. What URL is the browser
> redirected to after the authentication?

Here is the URL that I have originally, which works if the browser
has already visited the Horde instance:

https://cvs.linkedin.com/horde/chora/diff.php?
r1=1.84&r2=1.85&ty=h&f=network%2Fdeployment%2Fbuild.xml

Here is the redirect if the browser has just been restarted:

https://cvs.linkedin.com/horde/login.php?url=%2Fhorde%2Fchora%
2Fdiff.php%3Fr1%3D1.84%26amp%3Br2%3D1.85%26amp%3Bty%3Dh%26amp%3Bf%
3Dnetwork%252Fdeployment%252Fbuild.xml%26amp%3BHorde%
3Dsrus3ebaab7l8gq6atsgh0g5j5&Horde=srus3ebaab7l8gq6atsgh0g5j5

The second one does not work.

>> Is there an easy way to circumvent the whole authentication mechanism
>> that Horde imposes, use Chora a CVS web-front and have links like:
>>
>> https://cvs.somedomain.com/horde/chora/diff.php?
>> r1=1.84&r2=1.85&ty=h&f=network/deployment/build.xml
>>

> Give guest permissions to Chora.

I have already done that, my question was related to the session,
which comes from Horde. I have configured Horde with auto-login and
the default user for that is Guest, since I could not find any
documentation on suggested values.