[chora] Initial Setup Issue - More Information

Michael Davis michael at daviskingdom.net
Sun Dec 2 15:42:28 UTC 2007

> I just installed Chora to go with my newly installed version of Subversion.
>
> With subversion setup for anonymous access Chora works great but as
> soon as I restrict it access Chora complains with this message:
> : svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/repos' svn: PROPFIND of
> '/svn/repos': authorization failed (http://xxxxxxxxxxx.)
>
> I assume the issue is related to Chora not authenticating to
> subversion but I can't find documentation that describes setting this
> up.
>
> Subversion - setup with authentication - works fine directly from the
> browser and user TortoiseSVN just not from Chora.
>
> Can you point me to some assistance?

A bit more information:
The subversion server is on a different server than Chora.  I also
tried to use the https:// (secure http) in the soureceroots.php.  I
would also like to know where I can get details on making that work
correctly too.

Here is the relevant portion of the sourceroots.php:
$sourceroots['subversion'] = array(
     'name' => 'Subversion',
/*    'location' => 'http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn', */
     'location' => 'http://xxx.xxx.hom/svn/repos/',
     'title' => 'A Compelling Replacement for CVS',
     'type' => 'svn'
);

My 47_mod_dav_svn.conf is here:
         <Location /svn/repos>