[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: whups common.php cvs.php diff.php ...

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 00:31:17 -0500

Quoting Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org>:

> Actually, $mime is still there, but I intend to lose it and put in
> a better way of doing MIME than is there at the moment.

I'd like to discuss this with you. One of the messiest areas of Horde/IMP
right now is MIME stuff and how it's all tied together. I'd like to figure
out a nice way to abstract it from the IMAP layer, so that other apps that
need to display content can do so.

One thought that came to mind was to have a generic Mime_Content object.
This object would have a fetchContent() method. Before calling
fetchContent(), you would need to set two parameters - $fetchMethod, and
$fetchParams. $fetchMethod would be the name of the method to call to get
the content, and $fetchParams would be an array of the arguments to that
method.

Another possibility is just to have the Mime_Content constructor take the
data of the part as a parameter.

Thoughts?

-chuck

--
"hello, I'm a giant cheese, and I'm here to give you a therapeutic massage"