[dev] PEAR_INSTALLDIR

Edwin Culp eculp@MexComUSA.Net
Sat, 06 Jan 2001 08:59:35 -0800

Jon Parise wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 02:35:22PM -0500, Michael Bull wrote:
>
> > >I just committed a fix to the PHP 4.0.5 tree that should fix the
> > >problem of PEAR_INSTALLDIR not being substituted in pear/PEAR.php.
> > >This should fix the problem people were experiencing with IMP 2.3 and
> > >sending mail ($mail not undefined, or some such error).
> >
> > Does this require an update of PHP, or would PHP 4.04-stable and the latest
> > PEAR work properly?
>
> You should be able to just apply the same patch to 4.0.4:
>
> http://cvs.php.net/viewcvs.cgi/php4/configure.in.diff?r1=1.206&r2=1.207

I can.  The patch applies cleanly, compiles and runs with no apparent problems.
It also fixes the send() error in IMP-cvs that had me climbing the walls for the
last couple of days.  IMO, this is a much better option for now than php-4.0.5
dev.  Before applying the patch I cvs-ed the latest and greatest, compiled and
installed.  Guess what, apache wouldn't load libphp4.so.   Luckily, I had a copy
of php-4.0.4, untared it quickly, applied your patch, compiled and am now a
happy camper.

Thanks, Jon.

ed