MIME stuff

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Sun, 13 May 2001 23:47:50 +0100

So, my plan for the MIME stuff is:

- Port over all the drivers from IMP (text, html, tar, deb, rpm,
wordview, etc)

- Add in support for the registry, so that individual Horde applications
can register overrides for MIME types.  This will be used by IMP to
override text/plain (colour in quoted portions of email, censoring), or
Turba to handle vcards specially.

- Convert IMP to use the framework.  If this works cleanly, then the
framework works, otherwise it's back to the drawing board :-)  The only
thing I think is missing is the ability to select a range of MIME types
(x-extension/php should select x-extension/php3, x-extension/php3s, etc
etc as well?).  That's not too hard to add, but I need to think about it
a bit more.

Comments?

Anil