[dev] bug: view.php mimetype with mixed case cause a script fault.

Joris Braakman jorisb@nl.euro.net
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:06:55 +0100

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 01:46:25PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Joris Braakman <jorisb@nl.euro.net>:
>
> > If a  mimetype with a mixed case is send it wil cause a script fault. A
> > example is the type "unknown" with is send by Pegasus mail as "Unknown".
> > The function strtolower can solve this.
>
> Looking at the code, we already strtolower() mimetypes everwhere I can see
> (when we create the MIME_Part objects in the first place). Can you send an
> example that causes this?

My collegua reported this when he was using Pegasus mail, latest
version. But we experienced the problem with a older version of IMP 2.3
it could very well be solved and I am just creating noise.

I will ask him to send a mail with Pegasus mail to you, with a small
attachment, to see if the bug is still there. It could very well be a
bug of Pegasus mail itself, dunno if the standards demands that
mime_types are send in lower case. He just send the mail to
chuck@horde.org

Joris.