[dev] mcrypt, magic_quotes_runtime

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 21:40:11 -0500

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 01:48:32PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> I was never entirely sure where magic_quotes_runtime gets used.
> If someone can verify that it doesn't screw us up, the check
> can be taken out, but otherwise, it should stay. We should work
> with magic_quotes_gpc either way, btw; anywhere that doesn't is
> a bug.

Right, a few years ago we required that setting to be (on|off)
(I forget which), but we went through the code afterward in an
effort to make things work either way (via dispelMagicQuotes).

So, as Chuck says, if a piece of code breaks due to that setting,
it's an easily fixed bug.

I'd for removing the check.  It's one less thing for the user to
have to check when installing Horde.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)