[dev] Horde 2.0: Languages keeps changing during session

Mike Coughlan mcoughlan@gothambroadband.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 10:55:13 -0500

> Solaris 8 and using Solaris' gettext.

There are known issues.  The gettext format for Sun is not the same as GNU.
I am surprised that it even works half the time.

You have 2 choices.  Recompile the .mo translations from the .po files on
Sun...

Or put in GNU gettext over Sun gettext (and watch all your native Sun
translations break).  To do the this is a black art - really I've seen very
strange behavior in it accepting GNU gettext, and I'm not even fully aware
of the Apache compiling issues.

Search the imp list history for more info (google groups is great for this).

If you really want to help out, then *complain to Sun about this*, and
possibly submit your Sun versions to Horde for possible downloads for
others.

Good luck!