[dev] Residual preferences defeating locked prefs

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 12:50:25 -0700

| The hitch is that people wanted the ability to set preferences _for_ some
| users, while still locking things in general, which is what the current
| behavior allows...
|
| -chuck

I'm not really concerned  but I am confused.  Lets suppose that I have
10 "power users" that are setting their prefs, I add 20 newbie's that
seting and locking their basic prefs for them, will make life beautiful.
I now have 10 users that are free and 20 that are locked.  If I'm not
correct, please stop me.  What if 5 of the last 20 that I felt were not
sophisticated enough to set their prefs now want to join the 10 power
users and take control of their lives, how do I do it?

I guess, what I'm trying to say is that I don't understand the way to
administer a system that will have "the ability to set preferences
for some users, while still locking things in general".  Because
if I did understand, it would sound like a nightmare and I'm sure it
isn't if there are folks doing it:-)

Sorry for the noise and thanks for your patience,

ed

 http://insourcery.com - Mergence of Business and Technology
          a "Griffin Plaza Partners, LLC" Company