[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: chora annotate.php cvs.php diff.php history.phpchora/docsCHANGES chora/lib Chora.php

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:12:48 -0400

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 09:05:15PM +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

> > This made me wonder why $errcode is being passed around as a string
> > (i.e. "404 Not Found").  Perhaps we could just pass the numeric code
> > to fatal(), which could could in turn use a static mapping to build
> > the complete Status: header?
>
> Yeah, it was just a quick hack to make it work.  I wanted to rewrite
> it 'properly' by moving all the non-class code in Chora.php into an
> initialization routine instead.  Right now there's still a lot of stuff
> left over from Chuck's original perl port which I didn't clean up!

I'm also interested in cleaning up Chora, with the end goal of
easing in support for additional SCM backends (subversion, Perforce,
etc.).

Hopefully, I'll be starting work on this over the next month or so.
We should coordinate.

> Actually, CVSLib_Error takes the numeric values and converts to
> error codes; perhaps those would be good error objects to pass around.

That sounds like a good start.

I'm also kean on renaming "CVSLib" to something more generic some time
soon.  "SCM", perhaps?

--
Jon Parise (jon@horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)