[dev] using some backported horde 2.x functionality in IMP 3.x

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Sat Oct 26 11:25:40 2002

Zitat von Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:

> If I need to backport some functionality from IMP HEAD to IMP RELENG_3,
> and
> it has to rely on code that was not in Horde 2.0, do I _have_ to bundle
> those libraries into IMP 3.x? Or would it be acceptable if the feature
> was
> controlled by a configuration setting, so that the code _could_ run with
> Horde 2.0, but would require a later release (2.2, I guess) if you wanted
> turn the feature on?

I think it depends on what you want to backport. I already used both methods
in the RELENG branches because only one of them made sense.

I backported the addParamter() function to the different modules because it
wouldn't have made sense to check for Horde::addParamter() each time it is
called.

On the other hand the import/export of TSV (Pine) data in Turba depends on
the backend being present in Horde as this check was rather easy (and only
at one or two places) to implement.

Jan.