[dev] Category issue w/HEAD between Dec 4 23:59 GMT and Dec 5 11:59 GMT.

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Mon Dec 9 00:26:33 2002

 | Quoting eculp@encontacto.net:
 |
 | > The messages didn't tell me more and I have been only been able to locate
 | > constraint violations in ldap, msql, but nothing that I can apply here
 | > especially without really understanding the problem.
 |
 | Given what the problem turned out to be, I find it really hard to believe
 | that you didn't have a useful error message logged _somewhere_.

That makes two of us.  It wasn't in mysql logs, horde.log or any of the
system's logs.  I was just getting the "constraint violation" on the screen.
I greped the log files on all three machines many times but before sending
this I went back and greped them again and on one I found four lines from
this morning just before changing to postgres that gave a very clear
indication but I didn't see them because I wasn't actually using/testing it.
Your changes to increase the logging must have been responsible.  Actually,
after two days, and no one else seeing anything similar, I was sure it
was pilot error :-)  So basically I gave up, decided to try postgres and
it worked.

BTW, the log says that the category_order cannot be null so it is a very
good message.  Thanks for all the help.

horde.log:Dec 08 10:26:10 HORDE [error] [horde] DB Error: constraint violation:
INSERT INTO horde_categories (category_id, group_uid, category_name,
category_order, category_data, user_uid, category_serialized, category_parents)
VALUES (39, 'horde.groups', 'test2', NULL, 'a:0:{}',
'eculp@truckinthetruckee.com', 6, '') [nativecode=1048 ** Column
'category_order' cannot be null] [on line 264 of
"/usr/local/www/data/horde/lib/Category/sql.php"]

ed