[dev] Problem with To: and From: fields format that horde/imp isn't responsible for .

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Sun Feb 9 18:07:41 PST 2003

About a month ago I started seeing an issue with received email.  The
formating of the To: and From: fields is strange.  If I receive an email
eculp at morando.org it is changed to "" <eculp at morando.org>.  If the from address,
is Edwin Culp <eculp at insourcery.net> and try to add it to the address book
it is sent as "" <eculp at insourcery.net> and generates an error for the
name field.

do_add: invalid dn (mail=""
<eculp at insourcery.net>,mail=eculp at morando.org,ou=addressbook,o=worldinternet.org)

The same email, the same horde/imp on another machine is added to the address
book as shown with no issues.

ADD
dn="MAIL=ECULP at INSOURCERY.NET,MAIL=ECULP at ENCONTACTO.NET,OU=ADDRESSBOOK,O=WORLDINTERNET.ORG"

I'm sure that the problem is not Horde/IMP but an external library or
program. To be sure, I just moved the horde tree as is to my production
server and it is working perfectly.  Absolutely no changes except a
different machine. Both running the same version of
FreeBSD/Apache/PHP4/MySQL/OpenLDAP/etc.

If anyone has any idea what library/external program/php module/etc.
could be causing this, I will try anything.  In the last month I have
tried an infinite number of apache[2|1.3], php[4.3|Head], PEAR, MySQL
combinations to no avail.  I know that it isn't horde/imp but an
interaction with something else so if this is off topic I apologize,
but it is driving me up a wall, plus I want to substitute this machine
for my current working server.

Thanks,

ed

P.S.  I have screen shots if that would help although I'm not sure how.