[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/packaging/redhat php.spec rh7-php.spec

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Thu Feb 13 19:40:21 PST 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu> wrote:

> What mcrypt library are you linking against?

Hadn't gotten that far yet; Jan mentioned that SuSE has one, and there are
a few others.  Do you have one that's working for you?

> Also, I added mhash while I was doing mcrypt.
>
> Are you enabling curl support?  Definately want to add mime-magic.
>
> Other differences I see between yours and mine are enabling:
> mbstring/mbregex/mbstr-enc-trans, zend-multibyte, and memory-limit.
>
> Just thought I'd share notes on what I was doing vs your spec file...

Appreciate it!  As soon as I saw your 8.0 RPMs I added to my to do list
"compare SPECs with Eric" :-) so the above will all be taken into account.
The 0horde0 was just a fast attempt to get something simple to build... I
pulled out anything that got a compiler complaint.  Now I'll start adding
back in.

There's a note in Red Hat 8.0's RPM that mbstring was causing problems and
they disabled it.  Is it working OK on your end?  Obviously that's one we
call out specifically in horde/docs/INSTALL and that I want to include.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html