[dev] passwd - crypt-md5

amith at xalan.com amith at xalan.com
Wed Apr 23 18:10:55 PDT 2003

| IMO, its the main Driver.php that needs changing.  I'm using the SQL backend.
| don't think the prefixing of {type} should be dependent on the backend.
|

| One SQL backend might need it, one might not.
| Rather, it should be define as a parameter to a backend, something like
| this...
|
| $backends['sql'] = array (
|     'prepend_type' => flase,
| }

This is what I suggested the first time.  However, I don't understand how one
SQL backend might need it and another might not.  I mean, its PHP that is
reading the info out of the database.  unless seperate drivers are made for
specific databases, you shouldn't have this problem.

| I would be happy to edit Driver.php to make this change.  What about the
| problem
| with the 'crypt'?  Do I add 'crypt-md5'? or edit the existing crypt?

I would add a new type called crypt-md5 (if i understand correctly you are
saying that the password uses crypt and then md5 on top of that?)  I wouldn't
change the default because i'm pretty sure there are other backends that use
it.

| I don't know how to make diffs of files.  CVS can do it can it not?

cvs diff -u <name of file>

Amith