[dev] Adding from Global LDAP to Local SQL Address Book

Rob Wiltbank wynder at warcry.com
Wed Aug 13 07:45:43 PDT 2003

Greetings,

I'm attempting to modify the address book to allow folks to add contacts
from a global addressbook (LDAP) to their personal addressbook (local
sql).  I'm nearing the end, but I'm having an issue with one thing...

The user looks up a name, clicks the add link, the addobject.php form is
populated with the user information from the lookup, however, when the
user clicks the save button, the resolves to a blank page.  Going through
the addobjectaction.php, it seems to be gacking when it attempts to create
the key:

/* Create Object */
$key = $driver->addObject($object);

$driver seems to contain data, as well as $object, however, $key winds up
empty, and I believe that is what causes the actual save to fail.

Patch with my current work can be found at:
http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/pub/horde/turba.patch -- any advice or comments would
be greatly appreciated.

Rob