[dev] Forwarding of 'multipart/alternative' broken?

Marc Jauvin marc at register4less.com
Tue Sep 2 11:44:07 PDT 2003

If I receive an email of type: "Content-Type: multipart/alternative;"
with both a 'text/plain' & 'text/html' attachment, and I try to forward that to
someone else, I get a REALLY wierd result:

- My sent folder contains a message of type "Content-Type: multipart/mixed;"
and two attachments (one text/plain, one text/html) which seem valid and can be
displayed.

- The recipient get an email of type "Content-Type: multipart/mixed;" containing
only ONE attachment of type text/plain whose content is cut to maybe 10% of the
original attachment. Even the boundary delimiter cannot be found...

Has anyone seen this or can investigate further?

Thanks.

--
Marc Jauvin
http://register4less.com