[dev] Forwarding of 'multipart/alternative' broken?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Thu Sep 18 10:53:10 PDT 2003

Quoting Marc Jauvin <marc at register4less.com>:

| If I receive an email of type: "Content-Type: multipart/alternative;"
| with both a 'text/plain' & 'text/html' attachment, and I try to forward
| that to someone else, I get a REALLY wierd result:
|
| - My sent folder contains a message of type "Content-Type:
| multipart/mixed;"
| and two attachments (one text/plain, one text/html) which seem valid and
| can be displayed.
|
| - The recipient get an email of type "Content-Type: multipart/mixed;"
| containing
| only ONE attachment of type text/plain whose content is cut to maybe 10%
| of the original attachment. Even the boundary delimiter cannot be found...

Wow, I'm behind on my mail...

Anyway, I can't reproduce this with HEAD.  When I forward a
multipart/alternative message the text of the text/plain part is inserted
into the body of the forwarded message, and the text/html part is attached.
 This is the correct result (at least the way code is written now).

Maybe it would be better to forward without both parts, but this would need
to be added to the code.

michael