[dev] Re: marking moved mail as new...

Ruben van der Steenhoven ruben_donotspamme at webmeesters.nl
Sat Sep 27 14:37:14 PDT 2003

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Ruben van der Steenhoven <ruben_donotspamme at webmeesters.nl>:
>

>>Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>>
>>>More old e-mail...

>>remain

>>no

>>>Can't reproduce this.  If a message is marked as read, and then I
>>
>>filter,
>>
>>>the message appears as 'read' in the new mailbox.
>>>

>>Excuse the late reaction, was ill last week, anyway:
>>
>>you're right that the message appears 'read' in the new mailbox, but it
>>DOES get counted as new by IMP, that's exactly what struck me as very
>>strange...
>>So if you have new mail notification turned on on the folder the message
>>was moved to, you'll get nagged by messages saying you have new mail in
>>that folder although you haven't.
>

> Ehm, you actually *have* new mail in that folder.
>
> Jan.

Sorry Jan,

i must disagree with you on that. This mail is moved there and as such
it is new, but as mike pointed out, the mail has an UNREAD-flag which is
off.
IMHO current behaviour is contra-intuitive, because new mail is reported
in a folder that contains no unread mail, and what is more it is not
consistent with behaviour of manually moving mail to another folder.
when i move mail manually it doesn't get marked as new, (even the old
IMP-filters did not mark moved mail as new), but INGO does (as i pointed
out before, this behaviour is new since the introduction of INGO as
rule-processor).
Hope anyone can help...

Regs,  Ruben.