[dev] Release Engineering: Versions

Marcus I. Ryan marcus at horde.org
Fri Dec 12 14:11:08 PST 2003

Would it be hard to add a version that includes the dirs for an anonymous
checkout from CVS? Have an exported (non-CVS) tarball and a CVS tarball?
Then we can just tell them to get tarball app-ver_horde-ver_cvs.tar.gz as a
base and cvs update it.

I have no objection to changing tarball names and think that's a good idea.
I'm reluctant to make branch names overly complicated.

Another thought is that it seems unlikely, for instance, that we would release
Klutz 2.0 for Horde 2.0 once Horde 3.0 is available - the question of how
long do we support old frameworks.

Marcus I. Ryan, marcus at horde.org
 "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it
 flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night, the ice weasels come."
                 -- Matt Groening