[dev] Release Engineering: framework distribution

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon Jan 19 11:33:05 PST 2004

| Quoting Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
|
| > 2) create-symlinks.php
| > We copy the modules into a directory inside the Horde tree in the same
| > manner as create-symlinks.php creates symbolic links and change the
| > HORDE_LIBS constant to point to this directory before creating the tarball.
| >
| > I tend to the second solution because it's as easy as today for the admins
| > to install the Horde tarball. Opinions?
|
| I agree.

I asked this question before, and it was probably answered, but I guess I still
don't get it.  The question is: How are translations/template files supposed to
be packaged with the module they are associated with?

Two examples - I change a gettext string in a module, and we release an update
of this module.  How are the translation strings going to be updated (are we
going to move translations for each module into the particular module?)

Example two - I am working with Horde_Tree and add/change/delete functionality
tha alters the templates.  However, the templates live in horde/templates.
What to do about this?

Sorry if I missed this discussion earlier, if it happened.

michael