[dev] Re: (Fwd) Re: [PEAR-DEV] Need for a syntax-highlighter

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Mar 5 03:27:58 PST 2004

Hi,

Zitat von Stefan Neufeind <stefan at neufeind.net>:

> Hi Jan,
>
> do you think it would be possible to integrate a general
> "highlighter" for various types (html, xml, sql, ...) into PEAR?
> Currently we need one for peardoc-generation. And since Alexey
> pointed out that Horde (Chora) already has a highlighter, I thought
> you maybe could contribute it?

Of course we would, but our mime viewers that support syntax highlighting
(we have 3 at the moment) are actually wrappers around binaries. In our
case enscript, srchighlite and webcpp. I guess that's not what your are
looking for?

Ah, wait, we have another PHP based highlighter in Luxor :-) that's based on
LXR's syntax highlighter (as Luxor is a LXR port to PHP) and is a really
small class:
http://cvs.horde.org/co.php/luxor/lib/SimpleParse.php
Maybe that's what your looking for?

> Regards,
>  Stefan

> Date sent:      	Fri, 05 Mar 2004 13:44:42 +0300
> From:           	Alexey Borzov <borz_off at cs.msu.su>
> To:             	Stefan Neufeind <stefan at neufeind.net>
> Copies to:      	pear-doc at lists.php.net
> Subject:        	Re: [PEAR-DEV] Need for a syntax-highlighter
>
> Hi!
>
> Stefan Neufeind wrote:
>> It's been mentioned on pear-doc lately that being able to highlight
>> html, xml, sql etc. in a similar form would be nice. However, for
>> that to happen we need a highlighter that provides similar output
>> than the php-syntax-highlighting. Having a short look at the
>> repository I didn't yet find a package to do this for us.
>>
>> So has anybody maybe already experimented with writing a highlighter
>> for these files? Maybe a general package for source-highlighting
>> (HTML_Highlighter or similar) would be nice. Please have a look who
>> could donate some lines :-))
>
> Chora (which runs on http://cvs.php.net/) does syntax highlighting
> for these file types...

Jan.