[dev] [patch] Nag Alternate Sort Column

Andrew Coleman mercury at appisolutions.net
Thu Aug 12 10:53:45 PDT 2004

So here is a patch to allow for Nag to sort on multiple columns. I really got
tired of looking at several people's tasklists and then having to sort by
priority in my head. I have not included a UI patch simply because i couldn't
come up with a good way of handling it. Right now the alternate column is a
preference.

Sorting on "name" will cause some interesting results. This will take all
available tasks and put them into little "bins" and sort each bin. When you
sort by name, you get a lot of different names (unlike task owner for example;
only a few values there) so it's more flaky... but still works for all other
cases quite nicely.

If anyone has a nice way of handling this, let me know...

I don't think that checking if you are sorting on name, then putting it into a
bin based on the first character of the name would be a good idea, but that is
my only lead so far.

--
Andrew Coleman

/-\   The ASCII