[dev] Apache segfaulting on login

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Nov 5 08:52:30 PST 2004

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at mail.curecanti.org>:

> Confirm.  This is *still* related to that uksort() call in IMAP_Sort:: - I
> thought I had it figured out last night but today I logged in and it is
> segfaulting again.  I quite honestly am out of ideas as to why this is
> occurring.  I would hate to scrap uksort() for a hackish workaround
> solution if the problem is something in our code.  But my only guess
> as to why the
> segfaults are occurring is there has to be a bug in either uksort()
> or the fact that we are calling uksort via a bunch of references and
> the fact that it is using a reference itself is tickling some sort of
> obscure, memory allocation bug in PHP.  But that is a wild guess.

I think the sorting crashes might be a red herring. I say this because the top
right menu in IMP uses IMAP_Sort to do folder sorting, and it works fine.

But even if I comment out all sorting my folders screen never loads now. It
doesn't really crash, but it's obviously in an infinite loop. PHP could
eventually die in the sorting calls inside the loop, perhaps?

I haven't figured out what's looping yet, but this is where I am right now.

-chuck

Quincy Adams