[dev] Hook for render comments

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Nov 23 07:22:32 PST 2004

Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> I don't know it this is the right approach....  I have several sites/apps
> where I'm tyring to use the Agora comments API. It came out that I'm forced
> to modify the code on every update, because the comments output is not
> templated So I create a hook which controls the threads output.
>
> I attached a patch for Ansel that calls the hook and two version of hooks
> function. Is something in this way acceptable or I must handle it by my own?

First, you attached the hooks.php diff twice, and no diff for view.php.

Second, I'd rather see this done by making the API function return an array or
set of arrays that can be passed to a Horde_Template for formatting (or
something else if you like), instead of with a hook. Or by passing in a
Horde_Template file to the API function, which will be filled and then
returned. How's that sound?

-chuck

Quincy Adams