[dev] [cvs] commit: horde/config prefs.php.dist framework/Horde Horde.php framework/Horde/Horde Registry.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Oct 3 06:44:40 PDT 2005

Quoting Marko Djukic <mdjukic at horde.org>:

>> sometimes the richest featureset isn't the best option because of client
>> connection speed and dated pc's with limited memory, the majority of people
>> on these lists don't have these issues but there still are a lot of people
>> out there who do.

I think this is a different problem from making things work without JS,
though. Related, but not the same. As I already mentioned I think
letting people choose a "theme" of dom/xhtml vs. plain xhtml is one
thing; making the dom/xhtml UI work cleanly when JS is disabled is
another. A different approach is to have the "user level" preference
we've talked about a number of times but never done, where users can
pick the advanced UI, a basic UI, etc. And a lot of things would just
disappear from the basic UI, which would incidentally cut down page
size. Etc.

-chuck

Quincy Adams