[dev] With this prefs.php changes aren't saved. Any ideas?

Robin Rainton robin at rainton.com
Wed Dec 21 02:44:06 PST 2005

OK, so I traced to:

horde/lib/Horde/Prefs.php in Prefs->setValue (around line 235) there is
a section which reads:

        /* Exit early if this preference is locked or doesn't exist. */
        if (!isset($this->_prefs[$pref]) || $this->isLocked($pref)) {
            return false;
        }

And this is where things get sent back as no update. I dumped the $this
object and couldn't see the pref below. What I could see was one called
'sample' (which was there by default) and a caching setting. Weird.
Caching, eh? So I logged out and logged back in and voila - things began
to work.

Thus, one should know to logout and back in when changing these prefs
files. Guess I'd been working on this for a while and hadn't actually
shutdown browser or logged out for ages!

Appologies for the bother, but this is nice to know, eh?

Robin