[dev] Portal layout

Roel Gloudemans roel at gloudemans.info
Fri Feb 10 07:06:48 PST 2006

At the moment in CVS I think the portal page does not look as good as
it once did.

The Welcome.... has moved from the header to the content and the add
content button sits always on top.

The attached patch is my proposition for the portal page layout:
1) Move the "Welcome..." to the top right (and thus the top-menu in
the same place as all apps). The name displayed is always that of the
default identity.
2) Move the "Add content..." button to the bottom. If a user logs in
for the first time he will notice the "Add content..." button right
away (most first logins tend to have a poage wih not many blocks),
while on a filled page it stays out of the way.

Opinions?

Cheers,
Roel.