[dev] ATTENDEE and iCalendar imports

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun May 28 17:07:26 PDT 2006

Quoting Karsten Fourmont <fourmont at gmx.de>:

> Agreed. However For SyncML replication the situation is somewhat
> special:  the data gets replicated from one calendar owned by me (in
> horde) to another one owned by me (my PDA). So I'd like to have the
> attendee information on both: If i create a meeting with my PDA while
> with a customer I want to "finish" this later using Horde.
> So as workaround I'll rename ATTENDEE to X-ATTENDEE for the _import_
> part.  The SyncML module converts incoming ATTENDEEs to X-ATTENDEEs so
> it works just in this special case. OK?

Thinking about it a bit more, it seems like we _should_ store
attendees, but Kronolith should never send invitations or updates
unless we're the event organizer. And we need to make sure that
creator can store organizers that aren't Kronolith users (i.e, email
addresses instead of usernames). If that's not possible without
breaking things, we should add a new organizer field.

> Two more observations about invitations and attendees:
>
> 1) rfc2445 provides the "ORGANIZER" attribute for just that. Currently
> we always set it to the current user when exporting an event. Maybe we
> should store the organizer for an event? Only this organizer would sent
> invitation/updates. Then we could import attendees without the
> confusion issues.

Hah. I should read your whole email before replying. :)

> 2) While at it: shouldn't we keep the real name of the attendees in
> addition to their email addresses? For me that's one of the big
> advantages of this attendee thing: having the names of the people
> you're going to meet at hand.

+1 from me as well.

-chuck