[dev] [cvs] commit: incubator/Horde_Policy/Policy Policy.php incubator/Horde_Policy/Policy/Policy/Driver sql.php

Ben Chavet ben at horde.org
Sun Jun 25 10:26:54 PDT 2006

>> In the new code maybe we sould use a newer DB layer or RDO. Since
>> PEAR::DB is
>> been superseded by MDB2 and is not more developed. Any intend to switch in
>> Horde?
>
> I guess we won't use Horde_Policy before Horde 4. Thus we could use
> PHP 5 and RDO then, if applicable. But there is no need to worry about
> that at the moment, the concept won't change depeding on the used PHP
> version of DB abstraction layer.

I'm actually shooting for Horde 3.2, which is primarily why I'm using
PEAR::DB, but we'll see how that works out.  My goal is to implement a
Prefs driver using Horde_Policy, so BC is not an issue.  But, again,
we'll see how it works out.  At the current development rate, I'll be
lucky to hit Horde 4 :)

--Ben