[dev] Horde_Graph

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Oct 29 10:35:47 PST 2006

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

> Any chance for arguing a case for reinstating Horde_Graph? It was a
> nice, simple, light-weight solution.  The pear package, Image_Graph
> is  not as intuitive, especially when trying to integrate into horde
> code.

You can definitely make the argument. I'm still against it, though.

My reasons are:

- graphing is complicated and a pretty huge area
- we don't have enough developers to focus real time on our own implementation
- graphing isn't a core part of what Horde is

Check out the Chart demo from http://dojotoolkit.org (under General
Widgets) - what about using something like that?

-chuck