[dev] Turba shares and SyncML

Karsten Fourmont fourmont at gmx.de
Sat Mar 31 10:56:00 UTC 2007

Hi,

I need some understanding of the Tuba share system to get it working
properly with the SyncML code.

Currently mnemo,nag and kronolith syncs are done against the default
share as defined in the respective applications (typically the username,
like "karsten"). Ultimately this should be user configurable, but that's
for later.

In Turba, things are a bit different.
$prefs->getValue('default_dir')

yield the name of the source.php source, like "localsql".

In such a source there are various "subsources"(?), like "karsten".

For turba_import, turba_replace, and turba_export this is just fine.

However syncing needs the turba_listBy functionality that lists all
changes of a given sources (localsql) since a specific timestamp.

So how would I implement the correct listBy functionality for Turba?

First guess is to store the source (localsql) rather than the owner in
the Turba history entry. Otherwise we have no way to find out changes in
localsql.

But then the listBy need to do some "filtering" on the entries in the
history, so that only the ones available for the specific user (the
right "subsources") are returned. imho this needs to be similar to the
Turba_Driver::search code. But how?

Can anyone provide me with input for this? A general description how
turba sources work would be a start. I'd very much like to get this done
for Horde 3.2.

Cheers,
  Karsten