[dev] Resource booking extension for Kronolith

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Apr 5 09:29:45 UTC 2007

Zitat von Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de>:

> Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> writes:
>
>> Zitat von Stephane Pointu <stephane.pointu at purplelabs.com>:

>> Resource support in the backend doesn't help much if there is no
>> support in the frontend.
>
> That is certainly true but what exactly is kronolith missing at the
> moment in order to support ressources?

The interface to manage and include resources. Unless you use the
"hack" to create resources as regular shared calendars and include
them as attendees. The user managing these resources would still have
to accepts requests though.

>>> We already have all our architecture based on OpenLDAP, Postfix,... and
>>> Horde. So not to change everything, including the habits of our users,
>>> we would prefer to develop an extension to Horde.
>>>
>>> I'll check how Kolab does this. Thanks for the tip.
>>
>> Please see http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=2059.
>
> This is a limitation that only exists for the Horde::Share::DataTree
> driver. The current Horde::Share::Kolab driver supports global shares
> since it is based on IMAP folders and you can create a shared folder
> on the server that will be accessible to all users (or user groups)
> within Kronolith.

But there is no interface for creating system shares.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/