[dev] [cvs] commit: framework/SessionHandler SessionHandler.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri May 25 18:15:18 UTC 2007

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>> slusarz     2007-05-25 14:00:44 EDT
>>
>>   Modified files:
>>     SessionHandler       SessionHandler.php
>>   Log:
>>   Much improved session information return.
>>
>>   Revision  Changes    Path
>>   1.31      +41 -53    framework/SessionHandler/SessionHandler.php
>
> This is a step back, because it couples the SessionHandler package too
> tight with the Auth package. It was perfectly usable without any Horde
> dependencies before.

Not true.  We were making a _terribly_ broad assumption about the
format of the session file - namely that it contains a field named
'__auth' and that field magically contains an array that has as one of
its keys 'authenticated', which further contains whether we are
authenticated or not.  How can that not be a dependency on
Horde_Auth::?  And as such a dependency, we are making assumptions
about what Horde_Auth sets in a session, so that's why the session
parsing needs to be done there and not in SessionHandler.

SessionHandler is completely usuable without Horde_Auth - you just
won't be able to use the session information functions.

michael