[dev] [cvs] commit: genie item.php wishlists.php genie/lib Genie.php base.php genie/po genie.pot sl_SI.po genie/templates/wishlists shared.inc

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Jan 17 18:21:22 UTC 2008

Quoting duck at obala.net:

> You are missing "desc". Altrough I think that serialization is not
> good here. At first you will be force to actually load all the data
> and check permissions inside php, better are the current DT
> attributes. Second: you will loose the ability to search shares by
> attributes. Altrough I didn't see that is used anywhere. What is the
> meaning here? To not force admins to create dedicated tables?

I guess we could have extended share tables in some apps with their
own extra fields that were handled by the same core share code.

But in general, what Michael said: I want shares to go back to being a
way to just list permitted resources (it could actually re-merge with
Perms) and leave the hierarchy and additional info to a separate
storage.

The advantage of having it all in one was you got permission checking
along with search and tree structure. But the disadvantages have been
miserable performance. I don't know if there's a middle ground with
custom flat tables there somewhere.

-chuck