[dev] local git repository re: imp IMAP/MIME changes

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Nov 2 03:56:35 UTC 2008

> I still think this is the best strategy. Moving the libraries over
> one-by-one forces us to make sure that each package:
> - indeed has been reviewed, converted, refactored
> - works with as few dependencies as necessary
> - works separately from Horde applications (configuration etc)
> - has at least some basic unit tests
>
> At least that's what I hope this strategy gets us.

Those are all good things. I worry about it being too high a barrier.
Here's another way of asking: what's keeping you, personally, from
converting a library right now?

For me, I'm working on Horde_Date_Parser in git, but it has so much
cruft and the code I'm porting from in it right now that I'm doing it
in the hatchery. If that's not necessary with git, I'm open to that
argument also. I've also thought about moving over the libraries that
are already PHP 5 - Horde_Feed and such - but have hesitated to split
development between CVS and git too much.

-chuck