[dev] local git repository re: imp IMAP/MIME changes

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Nov 7 01:00:47 UTC 2008

> Bleh.  Tried doing a push in horde-hatchery, and got this error:
>
> slusarz at bigworm % git push
> Counting objects: 765, done.
> Compressing objects: 100% (629/629), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (763/763), 4.37 MiB | 38 KiB/s, done.
> Total 763 (delta 109), reused 91 (delta 25)
> To dev.horde.org:/horde/git/horde-hatchery
>    ef83ad6..494134b  master -> master
> Can't do setuid (cannot exec sperl)
> Can't do setuid (cannot exec sperl)

Huh. Not sure, but I removed the g+s from all files (as opposed to
directories). Might be related.

> But none of the code is living in the horde-hatchery directory (both
> imp/ and framework/MIME should exist).  And doing a git push/pull is
> saying everything is up-to-date.  Uh-oh.

No uh-oh; the push worked just fine. Those directories aren't
real-time working directories; you can update them, but there's no
particular need to. Actually I think we should probably get rid of the
pretense of a working dir and just use the .git directories directly -
that's where everything is.

-chuck