[dev] [commits] Horde-Hatchery branch master updated. 02e85eac62ebef1a704bf89180c24d2b61cc6a46

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Feb 2 14:41:17 UTC 2009

> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:
>
>> The branch master has been updated
>>       via  02e85eac62ebef1a704bf89180c24d2b61cc6a46 (commit)
>>      from  edf85237367dc61c78d47b8c8cd7d6db51f0e634 (commit)

>> commit 02e85eac62ebef1a704bf89180c24d2b61cc6a46
>> Author: Michael J. Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
>> Date:   Thu Jan 29 17:34:52 2009 -0500
>>
>>    Correctly deal with sql case insensitivity.
>>
>> content/lib/Tagger.php |    9 +++++++--
>> 1 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
>>
>> http://git.horde.org/diff.php/content/lib/Tagger.php?rt=horde-hatchery&r1=3cf6904036b3088c3d1c204097c7e6f2557856b5&r2=02e85eac62ebef1a704bf89180c24d2b61cc6a46
>
> I may have been wrong on this one. Maybe we should enforce lowercase
> tags, or maybe use case-preserving behavior like the OSX filesystem.
> Otherwise we have to ensure that the db string field is
> case-sensitive, or we can get an error on the unique tag_name index.

My intention with this was to implement case-preserving behavior in
the sense that if the tag already exists in the DB, the case of the
original tag is used regardless of what the next user is typing.  It
was the cleanest way I could think of without forcing tags tolower.
Are you seeing an error somewhere?  It seems to be working OK on this
end.

FWIW, the sites that I'm familiar with usually force tags to lower
case. Flickr does this as well, with the exception that if your the
user that tagged the image, you are shown the "raw" tag, while the
rest of the world sees the normalized/lower case tag.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)