[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 0f62ae465b7a2efa7f6df9ca17940f47e47115cf

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Feb 3 22:20:13 UTC 2010

> commit 0f62ae465b7a2efa7f6df9ca17940f47e47115cf
> Author: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
> Date:   Wed Feb 3 11:28:33 2010 +0100
>
>     This is probably another chicken-and-egg problem, but if we
> don't call _init()
>     before _initNotification(), we don't have autoloading set up. Of
> course, with
>     this order, you can't call app-specific notifications in the
> _init() method.
>
>  framework/Core/lib/Horde/Registry/Application.php |    3 +--

Why doesn't Notification handle this internally?  In other words, if
we have not yet added a Handler, Notification should cache attach()
calls and then associate unattached notifications to an appropriate
handler anytime attach() is called.  Or even better - events aren't
attached to a handler until notify() is called.

This would be much improved behavior in general - we would not have to
decide what handlers we want to use until the moment we want to
actually output the notifications.

michael