[dev] Horde 4 Roadmap

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue May 18 18:16:46 UTC 2010

In the interest of getting H4 out the door some time this summer, what
needs to be done to get this to happen?  Things I see that need to be
done:

1. Abstract out all horde core code from framework libs.  IMHO, this
needs to be done immediately (that's why I've been working on this
exclusively over the past week or so).  We are never going to be able
to release any H4 apps until this is completed.
2. Sort out themes stuff.
3. Figure out the packaging of new releases.  i.e. Are apps going to
have a list of framework libs, w/version #'s, that can be used to
determine whether to update a framework lib?

As far as IMP, I am happy where it is at the current moment.  it would
be nice to get the multiple accounts code (and or/threading tweaks) up
and working before a release, but it is not a showstopper.

michael