[dev] github

Gunnar Wrobel p at rdus.de
Mon Aug 30 07:24:22 UTC 2010

> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:

>>> That should be easy by adding a mirrored remote and pushing to it
>>> via cron (see
>>> http://support.github.com/discussions/repos/684-how-to-create-repository-in-mirror-mode).
>>
>> Done. I'd expect http://github.com/horde/horde to be the canonical
>> public repository going forward...
>
> More details:
>
> The 3 active horde git repos are now publicly available on github at:
>
> http://github.com/horde/horde/
> http://github.com/horde/horde-support/
> http://github.com/horde/horde-web/
>
> These are the canonical public repositories now. Please switch to
> them asap. I also expect we'll be able to handle pull requests for
> them even though they're mirrors, so don't hesitate to dive in.
>
> We are set up so that commits are automatically mirrored to github.
> If you are a committer, you'll need to make sure that you are
> committing using an ssh key that will forward to the correct github
> account and that that account is a member of the horde organization
> on github.

When I tried that I got

Host key verification failed.

So I logged into dev.horde.org and ran

ssh git at github.com

The authenticity of host 'github.com (207.97.227.239)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 16:27:ac:a5:76:28:2d:36:63:1b:56:4d:eb:df:a6:48.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'github.com,207.97.227.239' (RSA) to the
list of known hosts.
PTY allocation request failed on channel 0
ERROR: Hi wrobel! You've successfully authenticated, but GitHub does
not provide shell access
              Connection to github.com closed.

This fixed the error for me and now I can mirror just fine. Thanks for
the setup Chuck!

Cheers,

Gunnar