[dev] Web accessible git folder on OS X

Luis Felipe Marzagao lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 16:52:58 UTC 2012

Em 31/07/2012, às 16:08, Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt> escreveu:

> Luis Felipe Marzagao <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com> rašė:
>
>> Hello:
>>
>> Probably a non-horde question, but I would like to hear from others if possible.
>>
>> Is it just me or is it extremely difficult to run a horde web accessible git tree in Mac OS X?
>>
>> After several tries with MAMP and having a lot of trouble with pear, I decided to use native php+pear that comes with OS X (snow leopard).
>>
>> After hours configuring it all and being able to successfully run web apps such as phpMyAdmin, I followed instructions from here (http://www.horde.org/development/git#making-development-repos-web-accessible) and horde test.php page gave an error msg about not finding textdomain() function in Registry.php.
>>
>> God! In Ubuntu, CentOS and alikes its so easy to get it working.
>>
>> What am I missing? Why is it so hard in OS X? Any tips or advices?
>
> And one more thing: textdomain() is a gettext function, so it would be a good idea to check if native PHP on Mac OS X has gettext support.

Okay, after installing macports things were much easier. Enabling gettext support was easy as 'sudo por install php5-gettext', and now horde test page loads.

But I'm still facing an issue I couldn't solve.

Horde test.php page says I have PEAR and the php's include_path shows the correct pear path in the list:

PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path):  /Users/duli/git/horde/horde/lib:/Users/duli/Sites/horde/libs:/Users/duli/git/horde/horde/lib:.:/opt/local/lib/php
PEAR: Yes
The pear packages are inside /opt/local/lib/php:

MacBook:~ duli$ pear config-show | grep php_dir
PEAR directory                 php_dir          /opt/local/lib/php

But for some reason horde still says I don't have pear packages, although they are installed:

Crypt_Blowfish: No
Crypt_Blowfish is required to store authentication credentials securely within the session data. THIS IS A REQUIRED MODULE!

MacBook:~ duli$ pear list
Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
Package          Version State
Archive_Tar      1.3.7   stable
Auth_SASL        1.0.6   stable
Cache            1.5.6   stable
Console_Color    1.0.3   stable
Console_Getopt   1.3.0   stable
Console_Table    1.1.4   stable
Crypt_Blowfish   1.0.1   stable
DB               1.7.14  stable
File_Find        1.3.1   stable
HTTP_Request     1.4.4   stable
MDB2             2.4.1   stable
Net_DNS2         1.2.1   stable
Net_IMAP         1.1.1   stable
Net_SMTP         1.6.1   stable
Net_Socket       1.0.10  stable
Net_URL          1.0.15  stable
PEAR             1.9.4   stable
Services_Weather 1.4.6   stable
Structures_Graph 1.0.4   stable
Text_Figlet      1.0.2   stable
XML_SVG          1.1.0   stable
XML_Util         1.2.1   stable

The strange thing is if I install horde by the normal pear method, the resulting test page recognizes pear packages just fine. It's just the git web accessible method that fails.

How can I debug this? Any pointers are really appreciated.

Thanks a lot.