[dev] Abandoned topic branches

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Apr 15 19:37:57 UTC 2013

Probably a good time to clean up abandoned topic branches.  Or, at a
minimum, move them to a forked branch on github.  *I'd* like to see
the "official" branches be either supported branches (e.g. FRAMEWORK)
or active branches that are planned on being incorporated in main
branch in the near future (e.g. a more complex commit) or something
guaranteed to be incorporated (e.g. imp_7_0 branch... which I have
committed at least one item to, but doesn't show up in github.  Hmmm...)

I think other more experimental stuff should either be kept locally or
in a forked repo from the main repo.

Discussion welcome on this philosophy.

Regardless, here's a list of branches that appear to be abandoned
and/or obsolete (with the creator as identified by github):

H4-Vfs (mjr)
H4-Icalendar (jan)

Assuming by the name alone (H4) that these have long since been relevant.

SabreDAV (bklang)
horde_db_oracle (jan)
jonah-share-content (wrobel)

Not sure about these, but no work for 2+ years.

bootstrap (chuck)

As his comments state "We're probably not going to use it".  Posterity
is good, but not at the expense at mucking up "valid" branches.

h5-autoloader (wrobel)

This looks like an abstraction of the Autoloader Cache code.  Looks
useful.  Gunnar - how close is this to being usable.

passwd_core_imp_reauth (ralflang)

I think this has been made obsolete by the decision that
authentication credential changes require a complete destruction of
the Horde session.  Agreed?

michael