[dev] Calendar.app fails to load Kronolith Calendar

Michael Wisniewski wisniewski at mwiz.org
Wed May 15 20:01:39 UTC 2013

>>> You need to use the account URL, not the calendar URL for the OSX calendar.
>>
>> Thanks.  I've been messing around with it yesterday and today and
>> still can't get it to work with calendar.app.  When I to a tcpdump
>> to try to figure things out, it looks like I'm getting an
>> authorization error, even though I am putting the right password
>> in.  I don't necessarily think it's a problem with Horde, but
>> something that I'm doing wrong.
>>
>> thanks,
>> mike
>>
>> PROPFIND /webmail/rpc.php/principals/wisniewski/ HTTP/1.1
>> Host: <foo>
>> Depth: 0
>> Brief: t
>> Connection: keep-alive
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> <A:propfind xmlns:A="DAV:">
>>  <A:prop>
>>    <A:principal-URL/>
>>  </A:prop>
>> </A:propfind>
>> HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
>> Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 14:35:11 GMT
>> Server: Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)
>
> This is fine. The app always tries an unauthenticated request first.
> The next request should contain the credentials for HTTP basic
> authentication.

Thanks for this information.  I finally kind of got it to work.  OSX
use to be stable and work great.  As versions go on and on, I believe
they are getting sloppy and breaking things left and right...then
refuse to fix it.

My first problem was I'm running 'fail2ban'.  It blocks your IP if you
try to login to the server and fail x amount of times.  I whitelisted
the IP I was coming from and it started to work a little better.

The second problem is that I still can't get the calendar.app to work
properly.  I downloaded the trial version of BusyCal and got it to
sync up just fine with my Horde calendar.  I tried plugging the same
exact information into calendar.app, and I kept getting the dreaded
"Server With Secure Communication Unavailable" and not being able to
continue.  I'm completely stumped on this one.

So, I think I found a work-around for the calendar, but now the
contacts is giving me the same "Unsecured Connection" problem.
Arghhh....