[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. f174f08002872dab2019bcca58175749f598bb6a

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Mar 3 19:40:59 UTC 2014

>> Really need to find a way to unit test this kind of stuff, although
>> it pretty much means I need to write an entire mockup of an IMAP
>> server which is very annoying.
>
> Exactly the problem I have with the activesync unit tests as well :)

The only other option I can see is to so brutally abstract the
internal behavior/classes - to allow you to inject testing code - that
you both:

1) Destroy performance
2) Prevent anybody, including the original author, from having any
clue what the hell is going on in the code (every action is a chain of
calls like $a->foo->bar->connector->parsing->debug->getCharacter())

michael