[dev] Specific configuration based on the group of the user

Alex Lanz alex.lanz at rolmail.net
Wed Sep 24 12:29:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have a problem with the configurations. I want to allow sharing only
for a specific group of users. In the conf.php file the value for
sharing can be set with the following line:

$conf['share']['no_sharing'] = true;

Although I want to allow sharing for advanced user that are in the group
"advanced". My first try was add the following lines to the
conf.local.php file:

$conf['share']['no_sharing'] = (isAdvancedUser() ? false : true);

The function "isAdvancedUser" contains these lines:

function isAdvancedUser() {
   global $registry, $injector;
   $groups = $injector->getInstance('Horde_Group');
   $myGroups = $groups->listAll($registry->getAuth());
   return in_array('advanced', $myGroups);
}

The problem is that the session is not started when the configuration
files are read. Is there a point in the code where I can modify this
value based on the user's group?

Thanks
Alex